Monday, April 27, 2015

Gen. Ed. Review


This course is my last Gen. Ed. I am taking at OU. I have really enjoyed some of the Gen. Ed. classes I’ve taken, but I have also really disliked some of them. I think some of the requirements for general education are great and definitely beneficial to students, but some of them seem like they are not so important. For example, everyone should take writing courses like comp or expository writing as well as “American Federal Government” and an American history class, but a lot of the humanities classes that OU offers, such as “The Jane Austen Meme” and “Chinese Cinema,” are not going to benefit the majority of the students that take them. Some of the classes that I enjoyed the most are “Intro to Philosophy” and “American Federal Government”. These classes were both really interesting and taught me some things that everybody should know about the way our country runs and about philosophical concepts.
(Jane Austen meme. Source: Minimum Wage Historian)

No comments:

Post a Comment